ARMY VIRTUAL ROAD RACE SERIES RACE 7 – INTER UNIT 2K RACE JAN 21
- Lockdown 3 means more restrictions so during these times of social distancing and the current lack of competition across the Services, Corps and Units, Army Athletics is filling the gap with virtual racing. Virtual racing allows individuals to compete against each other in a safe way that conforms with the government’s current social distancing guidelines. The next race in the Virtual race series is an Inter Unit Open 2k race to allow you to ease back into running after the Christmas excess.
- The 2k race is open to all serving members of the Regular Army (Men & Women), Reserve Forces and Army Veterans and everyone is encouraged to take part. There will be no separate Reserve forces competition all Reserve forces entries will be entered under the Inter Unit Championships in line with the one Army concept. The overall (individual only) results will also include retired personnel (veterans) who are to enter using the following code ARMYV Army Veterans.
- There will be one race in which the following events will be contested:
Army – Inter Unit:
- Male Open, Masters, U23 and Super Masters Individual.
- Female Open, Masters, U23 and Super Masters Individual.
- Inter Unit open Team.
- Inter Unit Mixed U23 Team.
- Inter Unit Mixed Masters Team (Male over 40, Female over 35).
- Inter Unit Mixed Senior Masters Team (Male over 50, Female over 45).